Search My Recipe

Friday, June 28, 2013

Patriotic Rice Krispies Treats





Summertime is here! It's already the 4th of July!?? WOW! And my birthday is almost here, yippi! (July 5th) If you're anything like me, you crave to have your appetizers you bring to your 4th of July party or BBQ to be a hit, right? I mean come on, we only get to celebrate this holiday once a year people! Really anything with red, white and blue and sugar will have anybody's taste buds booming. You really can't go wrong with the classic snap, crackle and pop and a little bit of butter and marshmellows! I made this with my boyfriend last year before we went to a 4th of July parade, and it for sure got me in the American pride spirit! If it was this much fun mixing the colors and Krispies as it was with my BF I can only assume how much fun it would be if you have little ones. Celebrate and ENJOY! 


Ingredients: 

6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1 Package Marshmallows
3 TB Margarine or Butter
 Food Coloring (red and blue)

Directions:

  • Gather supplies and divide all ingredients into 3 bowls. NOTE you don't need any food coloring for the "White" layer. 
  • I like to microwave my marshmallows and butter because it’s easier that way :)  I stick them in for a few minutes or until they start to get big and almost touch the top of the microwave. Take them out, stir well 
  • Separate the marshmallows evenly into three bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl and blue food coloring to another. Leave the white layer free from coloring, the Krispies themselves do the job. 
  • Add 2 cups of cereal to each bowl and stir well. 
  • Now apply your layers! I started with Blue then White then Red
  • Let sit for 20 min and serve!
HAPPY 4th EVERYONE!! Have a drink for me on the 5th and return to see some of my fun birthday recipes :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment