Search My Recipe

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Patriotic Pancakes


For those of you that have read my other blog postings regarding the 4th of July you know that I really get into the red, white and blue theme! I'm lucky enough to share a birthday with this great country! Yippi!

This 4th of July, I wanted to make a special breakfast for my family. Seeing that pancakes are a re-occuring theme every morning with my 2-year-old niece I decided to spoof up the plain white colors. I had also just got back from a tour of Driscoll's Farms and had a plethora of left over strawberries and blueberries. Can you say perfect!

Here is how I made this simple and fun Holiday treat! Also, you can use any colors and combinations of fruit to make these special pancakes. For example, for St, Patricks Day, use green food coloring, Kiwis and honey-doo melon!

Ingredients:

Boxed Pancake Mix (or you can make your own) I'm still on the lookout for the best pancake recipe!
Blue or Red Food Coloring
Strawberries
Blueberries
Star candles (you can find these in most grocery store cooking aisle)

Directions:

1. Mix one batch of pancake mix with blue or red food coloring
2. NOTE: for the "white" portion of the stacking, leave the mix color free. The pancake is white enough :)
3. Make all white pancakes first so you can make the colored batch last and not worry about color mixing together.
4. Stack your different colored pancakes accordingly
4. Sprinkle on cut strawberries and whole blueberries
5. Polk in your candles

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I seriously think I'm going to be making these every other holiday. Such fun colors and fruit combinations out there. If only a bright pink fruit existed I would be in food creativity heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment