Search My Recipe

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Caprese Garlic Bread




Before I indulge into this delicious way of making garlic bread, I must give myself a big pat on the back if you don’t mind. My photos are becoming so much better then when I first started this food blog! Don’t you think? 

I downloaded the Pro Camera App and let me tell ya, the thing is amazing! It brightens my photos to my liking, has a creative lab to make your photos go from dull to professional and amazing. So thankful this exists… Enough with my tech rants, on to the food.

The other night I was looking for an appetizer to go along with my pasta I was cooking, which I must add was pretty plain, including just butter and freshly graded parmesan cheese. However, I wanted a bold and interesting appetizer, thus where I found this recipe from www.twopeasandtheirpod.com I was like, wait what? Garlic Bread Caprese!? I’m so in. May I add that since heirloom tomatoes were on their last couple of weeks of ripeness, I had to use them up.


Ingredients:

1 loaf ciabatta bread, horizontally cut in half
4 TB salted butter
3  minced garlic cloved
12 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
½ cup balsamic vinegar
2 medium tomatoes, sliced (heirloom preferably)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees

Place your horizontally sliced bread on a large baking sheet with the cut side up.

In a bowl, mix the butter and garlic together. Use this mixture and spread evenly over the bread.

Place your sliced mozzarella cheese on topo of the bread, make sure this covers the bread completely.

Bake the bread for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted

While your bread is cooking, make the balsamic reduction. Place balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring the vinegar to a boil, decrese the heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionaly, until the mixture is reduced by ablout half. About 5 minutes.

Remove the bread from overn. Top with tomato slices. Season with salt and petter. Add fresh cut basic and drizzle balsamic reduction on top.

Cut and serve


No comments:

Post a Comment