Search My Recipe

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Brussel Sprouts with Raspberries and Pancetta


Slice brussel sprouts lengthwise and salt and pepper before you desired cooking method. 




Through my day job as Editor at The Daily Meal I got invited to an exclusive tour at Driscoll's berry farms in Watsonville, Ca. Here I got to hand pick some of the freshest strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries my taste-buds have every witnessed! As I got home I was left with boxes and boxes of fresh berries, not bad right? But as someone who hates to waste anything! I opted to scroll on Driscoll's website to find some great recipes I could make with my boyfriend and all of our fresh boxes of berries. There is where I came across this recipe. It's fantastic! Though I opted to place my brussels sprouts on the skillet for 15 min on low so all the ingredients could melt together, Driscoll's recipe I'm posting bakes them. Choose whichever way you prefer to cook them and please let me know what you think! Enjoy!


INGREDIENTS




  • 3 ounces (about 1/2 cup) diced pancetta
  • 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise (see Note)
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
  • 1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll's Raspberries, at room temperature
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400ºF.

Cook the pancetta and 2 teaspoons of oil together in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the pancetta is lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to paper towels to drain.

Toss the Brussels sprouts and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until browned and just tender when pierced with the tip of a small sharp knife, 20 to 30 minutes. During the last few minutes, stir in the reserved pancetta. Transfer to a serving bowl.

Whisk the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the Brussels sprouts mixture, season with salt and pepper, and toss gently. Add the raspberries and toss again. Serve ho


recipe courtesy of: http://www.driscolls.com/recipes/view/7831/Roasted-Brussel-Sprouts-with-Raspberries-and-Pancetta


No comments:

Post a Comment