Search My Recipe

Monday, October 29, 2012

Brown Sugar Chicken Drumsticks



This recipe from Martha Stewart is absolutely amazing! My favorite thing to grill is chicken drummies and this is one recipe that I'm permanently adding to my recipe box. Martha's recipe requires you to bake the chicken, I just marinated the drummies in the sauce and threw them on the grill. Either way I'm sure they're amazing!  It goes well with squash or asparagus coated in olive oil and garlic salt. Enjoy and let me know what you think! 

Ingredients
2 cups ketchup
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Coarse salt and ground pepper
6 pounds chicken drumettes, patted dry

Directions
.    In a medium bowl, whisk together ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Set aside 1cup sauce for tossing raw chicken; use rest for baked chicken.
.    Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds; line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil.
.    Divide drumettes between baking sheets, and toss with reserved 1 cup sauce.
Bake chicken until opaque throughout, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating sheets and tossing chicken halfway through. Toss baked drumettes with 1/2 cup sauce, and serve with remaining sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment