Search My Recipe

Friday, October 26, 2012

Patriotic Cheese and Fruit Plate



I'm a bit bias when it comes to 4th of July traditions, seeing that my birthday is on the 5th. But who can resists celebrating this great country we live in! Especially when our red, white and blue colors can represent so many of the food groups that go along with fantastic pairings. I made this fruit and cheese plate last year and it was a hit! People love the choice of flavors and many people tend to pick around so the flag is always somewhat resembled throughout your gathering. In the picture I used one kind of cheese (swiss) but most cheeses if not all are similar colors so you can mix up the cheese, depending on what type of fruit you are using. Also, I have seen many variations to fruit flags. Let me know other ones you have made or seen! Enjoy!



Ingredients

Seedless Watermelon
Feta Cheese, Swiss, Goat Cheese etc...
Blueberries
Bowl for Blueberries
Toothpicks

Directions

1.    Cut and cube half of a seedless watermelon
2.    Cube 8 ounces of Feta or white cheese of your choice   
4.    Pour blueberries into a rectangular bowl (I kept them in their original packaging)
5.    Assemble watermelon and feta into rows start with watermelon
6.    Serve with toothpicks

No comments:

Post a Comment