Search My Recipe

Friday, October 26, 2012

Honey Chicken and Pineapple Skewers

 



This is an original recipe that I've created. I'm a sucker for honey, pineapple and red peppers on the grill. It makes for perfect accessories for a skewer! Yumm.

INGREDIENTS:
4 chicken breast cut into thick chunks
Pineapple chunks (can w/ heavy syrup)
1 red pepper (cut into slices/chunks)
1 cup ketchup
1 cup honey
1 tsp dijion mustard
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 garlic crushed garlic cloves (I use the minced garlic in the jars)
1 tsp hot sauce ( I like tobacco, but feel free to use a milder hot sauce)

DIRECTIONS:
Cook all ingredient in a skillet on low heat until combined and melted down into a sauce.
I buy organic chicken breast and cut the chicken into chunks myself. Feel free to do the same with the pineapple, cutting into chunks yourself. Though I recommend buying pineapple chunks in a can with heavy syrup.
Cut your red pepper into slices and chunks big enough to thread thru the skewer.
Take your skewer sticks and poke thru your chicken, pineapple and red pepper. Combine them every other one, though I like to include more chicken on the sticks!
Once all skewers are threaded, lay them down in a baking dish and brush the sauce over the skewers, drenching them as much as possible.
Cover with tin foil and marinade in fridge for 30 min.
After marinading place skewers directly on the grill, turning frequently and spritzing with water if necessary. These babies can get dried out quickly. When skewers turn a deep brown color you know they're ready! Serve hot and enjoy! FYI Always check your chicken first to make sure it's not pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment