Search My Recipe

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cheesecake Factory's Chicken Madeira


Heat 2 tbs olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. 

Sautee chicken breast for 4 min on each side or until brownd and cooked thru. 

Take chicken off skillet and cover the chicken in a pot or pan to keep warm

Chop of mushrooms and place on the uncleaned skillet. Sautte for about 2 min. 

Add the Madeira wine, beef stock and butter to the mushrooms. Bring to boil and let simmer for 20 min. 




Ingredients

4 tablespoon olive oil (used at different times during the recipe) 
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts ( I used two in my recipe, since I was cooking it for two) 
8 asparagus spears 
4 slices mozzarella cheese ( I used shredded mozzarella, since that is what I had in my fridge) 
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used baby bella)
3 cups madeira wine (I found it in the wine section at Safeway, it was only $5 ) 
2 cups beef stock
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup cornstarch (optional) (or as much needed to help sauce thicken)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper


Directions:
Heat 2 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
cover each chicken breast with plastic wrap and using a mallet flatten to about 1/4 inch thick.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Saute chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until the chicken has browned just a bit.
Remove from pan and keep warm, I just put mine in a pot and covered
Do not clean pan.
Keeping the heat on medium, add two Tablespoons olive oil to the skillet.
Add the sliced mushrooms and saute for about two minutes.
Add the Madeira wine, beef stock, butter and pepper
Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
The sauce will be done when it has thickened and turned a dark brown in color.
(optional-Make a paste from cornstarch and some of the sauce. Stir into sauce until thickened.).
Once the sauce is ready, I let the chicken marinate in the sauce for about 5 min. This really lets the juices into the chicken.
Prepare the dish by arranging the cooked chicken fillets on a baking pan.
Take the chicken out of the sauce and place on your serving dish

Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top and put in microwave for 20 seconds or until melted
Pour sauce mixture over and serve with your favorite sides! 
I baked my asparagus for 20 min in the oven. Sprinkled with olive oil and salt and pepper. 

Recipe adapted from: http://www.food.com/recipe/copycat-cheesecake-factory-chicken-madeira-188770?oc=linkback





No comments:

Post a Comment