Search My Recipe

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gluten Free Chicken and Bacon Skewers



I have hoped on the Gluten Free bandwagon, just to see if it makes me feel any better! I found this great gluten free recipe book at Marshalls for only $7.99. Called Gluten-Free Main Dishes, Desserts and Breads by Publications International, Ltd. I cooked this for my mom and I one night and it was a huge hit! So yummy, healthy and fun to make!

Ingredients

1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup gluten-free soy sauce (I couldn't find so I used red wine vinegar)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
2 boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1-inch cubes)
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 pund bacon (I used turkey bacon)
Lemon wedges (optional)

Directions

1. Combine lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and lemon pepper in large resealable food storage bag; mix well. Remove 1/4 cup marinade, set aside. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 min.
2. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle black pepper over bacon; gently press to adhere. Wrap the bacon around the chicken and pock through onto skewers to hold them together.
3. Broil skewers 10-15 min or until chicken is cooked and bacon is crisp. Turn occasionally. Brush several times with marinade. Garnish with lemon wedges.

Note: It using wooden skewers, soak in water 20 min before using to prevent scorching.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment